How do I look up a class online?
In order to search for classes online without logging in:
- Go to the ECC website www.elgin.edu and hover over the Admissions drop down menu at the top left corner. Select Credit Class Search link under the Search Classes section on your right; next, click on “Search for open classes (no login required)”.
- To search by subject, click on the desired subject, for example, ACC for Accounting. Next, filter for Locations, Terms, etc. in the left hand column.
- Then, click on the link that says “View available sections for ACC-100”.
- This will show you the different sections which are offered, the number of seats and class meeting information.
- To do an advanced search, click on Advanced Search in the upper right. Now you will be able to search by term, start and end dates, days of the week, location and time of day for up to 6 different course selections.
To search by logging into your student account:
- Log into AccessECC (www.elgin.edu/accessecc) with your user ID and password and click on the Student tab on the top of the page. Under ECC APPS, click on the Self-Service icon.
- Go to the Course Catalog. Just like searching for classes without logging in, you can also do the search by subject and do an advanced search.
- If you know the code name of the class, like ENG 101 for English Composition I, you can use the “Search for courses” lookup field in the upper right. Type the name and number of the course, for example, ENG 101 and then enter.
- Now filter for location, terms, and if desired, days of the week, time of day, instructors, etc.
- Click on “View available sections for ENG 101” and select the desired section to be put on your schedule.