Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

Where do I update my preferred name, personal pronouns, and gender identity?

36 views   |   0 Vote this question as useful.   0 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Mar 29, 2022   


If you would like to update your personal pronouns or gender identity, you can update it through accessECC Portal. Once in Self-service, click on your accessECC ID displayed in the upper right-hand corner and select User Profile from the dropdown menu. Your legal name on record is below your photo, and to the right of your photo, you will see your Chosen (Preferred) Name, Personal Pronouns, and Gender Identity that ECC has on record for you. When chosen (preferred) name is mentioned it is referencing the first and middle names only. Students may send additional questions to

  • To update your personal pronouns and gender identity, click on the Edit Personal Identity Button, make your selections, and press Save. The information is saved immediately, and you will see it now to the right of your photo.
  • To update your chosen (preferred) name, contact the Registration Office to complete the process. Once your updated chosen (preferred) name is recorded, you will be able to see the name to the right of your photo.